The Polish capital is a budget travel destination with quality food, lots of coffee shops, vibrant bars and clubs, great nightlife and lots to see and do.
Warsaw is a lovely city to visit both in the summer and winter! If you are visiting the Polish capital in the winter months, dress well to stay warm!
During Christmas the Warsaw old town is amazing! Explore the Warsaw Christmas markets, the streets and the square decorations above the streets of the Old Town. Here are some of the highlights of my trip to this lovely city and the budget things I recommend you to do.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO ON A BUDGET
- One of the best ways to experience the city is to join a sightseeing bus or a walking tour! Agnes, our tour guide from Free Tours by Walkative provided us with a great experience showing us the major sights of the Old Town, as Sigismund’s Column erected in 1644, the Castle square, the main square of Warsaw old town, the Vistula river, which flows through Warsaw, the clock tower of the Royal Castle, the St. John’s ArchCathedral, the observation deck – check the love padlocks – to Praga district, the Christmas market in the old town market Square, the ice skating, the city wall, the Barbican of the Old Town, the Warsaw Uprising Monument.
The Old Town of Warsaw is a UNESCO World Heritage Site; Warsaw old Town was fully reconstructed after the mass destruction underwent from Nazi troops during the second world war. What’s here to say that Warsaw is possibly the newest old town.Tweet
- Visit Saint Anne’s church and climb to the top to enjoy a panoramic view of the old town. You have to pay 6 PLN to reach the viewing platform, paid only by cash.
- I highly recommend visiting the Palace of Culture and Science, the tallest building in Poland. Take the elevator to the top, the building reaches a total height of 237 meters. The view won’t disappoint you! The viewing terrace is open daily 10 am to 8 pm and the ticket is 20 PLN per adult.
- If you are a fan of panoramic views then visit Marriott Panorama Sky Bar to get the best view of the city. Marriott hotel is located next to the Palace of Culture and Science. The Sky bar is open from 6 pm daily and serves great cocktails. Here’s an amazing panorama of Warsaw!
- Visit the Royal Castle in the Old Town of the city for just 30,00 PLN, explore the different rooms and learn about the history!
- Do you believe in miracles? If yes then why not visiting The Wishing Bell in the old Town of Warsaw? All you have to do is to make a wish, walk around the wishing bell a few times and touch the bell! I did it! Hope it works 🙈
- You can not miss visiting Wedel when you are in Warsaw. Here’s the place for chocolate lovers. A great selection of slightly bitter, milk, white or caramel chocolate along with delicious crepes, waffles and desserts.
- Nowy Świat is one of the busiest streets of the old town of Warsaw. Here you can find many restaurants with delicious food 😋 bars and coffee shops, souvenir shops! Such a lovely stroll during the Christmas time!
- Visit Chopin monument! The captivating bronze monument of Frédéric Chopin stands in the upper part of Warsaw’s Royal Baths Park also known as Łazienki Park. If you visit Warsaw in the summer months, classical concerts are taking place in the park.
- Walk a little outside the old town to reach bridge Gdański. There is a nice view of the city, I recommend visiting the bridge in the daytime.
- Visit the University of Warsaw, have a look at the library and walk up to the lovely roof gardens.
- I had a generally good experience dining in Gosciniec Polskie Pierogi in Nowy Świat. What else than meat, potato dumplings and beetroot soup?
- Living the best tip to the end! Visit Bambino milk bar, an authentic Polish milk bar and get a chance to mingle with locals. Bambino serves quality food at great prices! Bambino is a traditional Polish milk bar serving delicious food and generous portions, not a typical restaurant. Ordering in English won’t be easy, ask for the English menu at the reception. I can not recommend Bambino highly enough as it exceeded my expectations 😋
Revolut has simplified currency exchange in my travel. Top up in pounds and exchange money without fees in 29 different currencies. All you have to do is check daily the rates. Check it out here: https://bit.ly/2y9KNUN