Warsaw is a budget travel destination offering quality food, vibrant bars clubs and great nightlife. Check my guide for the best cheap things to do.
Warsaw is a lovely city to visit both in the summer and winter. If you are visiting the Polish capital in the winter dress well to stay warm!
WHAT TO DO IN WARSAW ON A BUDGET
- One of the best ways to experience the city is to join a sightseeing bus or a walking tour! Agnes, our tour guide from Free Tours by Walkative provided us with a great experience showing us the major sights of the Old Town.
- I highly recommend visiting the Palace of Culture and Science, the tallest building in Poland. Take the elevator to the top, the building reaches a total height of 237 meters. The viewing terrace is open daily 10 am to 8 pm.
- If you are a fan of panoramic views then visit Marriott Panorama Sky Bar to get the best view of the city. Marriott hotel is located next to the Palace of Culture and Science. The Sky bar is open from 6 pm daily and serves great cocktails.
- Visit the Royal Castle in the Old Town of the city, explore the different rooms and learn about the history.
- Do you believe in miracles? If yes then why not visit the Wishing Bell in the old Town of Warsaw? All you have to do is to make a wish, walk around the wishing bell a few times and touch the bell.
- Visit Saint Anne’s church and climb to the top to enjoy a panoramic view of the old town.
- Nowy Świat is one of the busiest streets of the town of Warsaw. Here you can find many restaurants with delicious food, bars and coffee shops, souvenir shops.
- Follow the 11 kilometres Royal Route to explore the city on foot. Start from the Royal Castle on the Palace Square in the Old Town, carry on the Ujazdowski Castle and the Lazienki Park and end at the Palace in Wilanowa.
- Visit Chopin monument! The captivating bronze monument of Frédéric Chopin stands in the upper part of Warsaw’s Royal Baths Park also known as Łazienki Park. If you visit Warsaw in the summer months classical concerts are taking place in the park.
WANT TO SEE MORE? JOIN ME!
FREE LANDMARKS TO VISIT IN WARSAW
- The Sigismund’s Column erected in 1644.
- Castle Square, the main square of the Warsaw old town.
- Walk along the Vistula river, which flows through Warsaw.
- Take a photo of the Clock tower of the Royal Castle.
- Visit St. John’s ArchCathedral.
- The observation deck – check the love padlocks – overlooking Praga district.
- City Wall, the Barbican of the Old Town.
- Warsaw Uprising Monument.
- Visit Ghetto Wall fragments at 55 Sienna and 62 Złota Streets, and at 11 Waliców Street.
- The Mermaid statue, a symbol of the city.
- The Old Town of Warsaw was recognised as UNESCO World Heritage Site; The Warsaw old Town was fully reconstructed after the mass destruction underwent from the Nazi troops during the Second World War. What’s here to say that Warsaw is possibly the newest old town.
- Walk a little outside the old town to reach bridge Gdański. There is a nice view of the city, I recommend you visit the bridge in the daytime.
- Visit the University of Warsaw, have a look at the library and walk up to the roof gardens.
THE BEST TIME TO VISIT WARSAW
The best time to visit Warsaw is from April to September. During the Christmas time, the Warsaw old town is amazing! Explore the Warsaw Christmas markets, the streets and the square decorations of the Old Town.
WHERE TO ENJOY CHOCOLATE
You can not miss visiting Wedel when you are in Warsaw. Here’s to enjoy a great selection of slightly bitter, milk, white or caramel chocolate along with delicious crepes, waffles and desserts.
WHERE TO EAT IN WARSAW ON A BUDGET
- Visit Gosciniec Polskie Pierogi in Nowy Świat. What else than meat, potato dumplings and beetroot soup?
- Visit Bambino milk bar, an authentic Polish milk bar and get a chance to mingle with locals. Bambino serves quality food at great prices! Bambino is a traditional Polish milk bar serving delicious food and generous portions. Ask for the English menu at the reception.
LOVED THIS POST? PIN IT
This post was most recently updated on May 28th 2020.