Luxembourg is a picturesque city with lots to do and see from historical attractions and panoramic views to a great number of bars and restaurants to hang out. With more than four flights a day from London and less than 2 hrs flight time Luxembourg is one of the best weekend getaways.
THINGS TO DO ON A BUDGET IN LUXEMBOURG
- Visit “Le Chemin de la Corniche’‘, one of the most beautiful balconies in Europe (FREE).
- Visit the National Museum of History and Art located in the Ville Haut. The Museum displays the art history of Luxembourg (FREE).The entrance is free apart from the temporary exhibitions that cost 7€ for adults. There is a lovely coffee shop on the ground floor.
WANT TO SEE MORE? JOIN ME!
- The Bank Museum is a small museum located in Luxembourg’s State and Savings Bank’s Head Office (Banque et Caisse d’Epargne de l’Etat). There is a wide selection of coins, paper notes, traditional typewriters (FREE).
A lovely experience visiting Luxembourg over the Christmas period! There are plenty of Christmas markets with all kinds of delicious food, national treats, Christmas decorations. Tweet
- Hard Truths: An exhibition of prize-winning photography from The New York Times was displayed at Place d’Armes, Luxembourg (FREE). The Photographs are taken by the photojournalists’ Daniel Berehulak, Ivor Prickett, Meridith Kohut, Newsha Tavakolian and Tomas Munita.
WANT TO WATCH MY TRAVEL VIDEOS?
WHERE TO EAT AND DRINK ON A BUDGET
- A la soupe: WHAT TO ORDER : Order the soup of the day and a dessert or wine (8€).
- The Chocolate House is located opposite the Grand Ducal Palace. WHAT TO ORDER: Chocolate cakes, hot beverages, Belgian and French chocolates, tiramisu.
- La Boucherie: WHAT TO ORDER: Two course-meal menus, main and dessert or starter and main (17€).
- The IKKY Bar: WHAT TO ORDER: Mixed plate of sushi served with white wine.
- The Golden bean: WHAT TO ORDER: hot chocolate with a shot of espresso, vanilla and whipped cream (4,90€).
- The Downtown: WHAT TO ORDER: a bowl of lentil soup with bacon and San Pellegrino sparkling water (15€).
TRANSPORT FROM THE AIRPORT ◉ Get to town from Findel Airport by taking the bus No 16.The ticket costs 2€. Free on Sundays.