Luxembourg, situated in the centre of Europe, is a picturesque city with lots to do and see, from historical attractions and panoramic views to a great numbers of bars and restaurants to hang out. With more that four flights a day from London and less than 2 hrs away, Luxembourg is one of the best weekend getaways.
Things to do :
A visit to “Le Chemin de la Corniche”, is a must walk when visiting the city. The view is simply amazing!
National Museum of History and Art, situated in the Ville Haute, in the old town, is an impressive building that displays art history of Luxembourg. Entrance is free, apart from temporary exhibitions, that do cost 7 € for adults. There is a lovely coffee shop in the ground floor as well.
Bank museum, is a small and interesting museum, situated in Luxembourg’s State and Savings Bank’s Head Office (Banque et Caisse d’Epargne de l’Etat). There is a wide selection of coins, paper notes, traditional typewriters.. Free entry.
Absolutely lovely visiting Luxembourg over the Christmas period, as were plenty of Christmas markets with all kinds of delicious food, national treats, Christmas decorations and lovely festive atmosphere.
- Where to eat and drink :
- A la soupe: Lovely staff and delicious menu. Selection of day soup plus a dessert or wine (7,50 € ). Highly recommended!!
- Chocolate House, opposite the Grand Ducal Palace. Authentic chocolaterie with plenty of choices for every taste. Chocolate cakes, hot beverages and high selection of Belgian and French chocolates. Ordered a giant tiramisu and single espresso (7,80 € ) Chocolate Heaven!!
- Restaurant “La Boucherie”: Great central restaurant with wide selection of meat in affordable prices and high food quality. Two course – meal menu, main and dessert or starter and main (17 € per person). Really good steak, very welcoming staff!!
- IKKY Bar: Mixed plate of sushi served with white wine. Welcoming staff. Loved particularly the bar and the music.
- Golden bean:Chilled very central coffee Shop. Ordered a delicious hot chocolate with a shot of espresso, vanilla, and whipped cream 4,90 €
- Downtown: Central coffee shop. Ordered a lentil soup with bacon and San Pelegrino sparkling water. A bit pricey but OK for a quick lunch (15 € ).
◉ Getting to town from Findel Airport by bus No 16 . One way ticket: 2 € . Free on Sundays.
◉ London to Luxembourg flights with British Airways start from
- Chocolate House -20, rue du Marché-aux-Herbes, L-1728
- À la Soupe – 9 rue Chimay, L – 1333
- Restaurant “La Boucherie” – 9 Place d’Armes,L- 1136
- Restaurant Bar IKKY ,19-21, Rives de Clausen, L- 2165
- Golden bean, 23 Rue Chimay, L – 1333
- Downtown Cafe, 12 Rue Chimay, L- 1333
Revolut has simplified currency exchange in my travel. Definitely worth it! Top up in pounds and exchanges money without fees in 29 different currencies. All you have to do is check daily the rates. Check it out here: https://bit.ly/2y9KNUN