There are many things to do when you travel on a budget in the City Centre of Manchester. Manchester, the second most popular city in Britain offers a variety of things to do from museums and parks to restaurants and a wide range of bars, pubs, and clubs for every mood and budget.
There”s so much to love and admire in Manchester from architecture, impressive buidings to beautiful landscapes with magnificent views and a hell of a night out.
WHAT TO SEE IN MANCHESTER ON A BUDGET
- Manchester is especially well known for its Universities. The University of Manchester stands 34th in the world. The Metropolitan University and the University of Salford are popular universities of the city.
- Visit John Rylands Library, Manchester Town Hall, Manchester Museum.
- Stroll in Heaton Park to relax and chill out. Heaton Park is covering an area of over 600 acres.
- Visit the Imperial War Museum. The Museum exhibits an extensive series of moving photos, that depicts the real human cost of the refugee crisis and the scale of Syria”s loss. A life jacket, exhibited in Imperial War Museum, found abandoned on the Greek island of Chios, one of many left behind by refugees who have made the sea crossing from Turkey.
WANT TO SEE MORE? JOIN ME!
- Take a stroll along the streets of China Town, explore the old narrow streets dotted with Chinese restaurants.
- Walkthrough Salford Quays!
WHERE TO EAT ON A BUDGET
- Cloud 23 is the roof bar of Hilton Hotel. A luxury cocktail and champagne bar on the 23rd floor offering panoramic views of the Manchester skyline. WHAT TO ORDER: spring punch, Ketel One Vodka with champagne, cassis, berries, and Citrus.
- Visit Real China at Salford to choose from on a wide variety of a buffet, like prawns, sweet corn soup, BBQ spare ribs, sushi, egg fried rice, fried rice with mixed vegetables, rice noodles, delicious prawns, roast pork in Szechuan sauce, desserts, strawberry jelly, vanilla ice cream. Sip Chinese tea!
- Visit Caffe Nero in Oxford Road if you would like taking a short break from sightseeing. WHAT TO ORDER: Cappuccino and carrot cake.